Booking and payment of cruises
– For reservations made directly on our site, we ask for a deposit of 30% on booking, the balance being paid on board during the cruise in cash in US $ (credit cards are not accepted at the moment) .
– For reservations by the online bookers “Get Your Guide” and “VIATOR”, a full payment is required upon booking.
– Tour Operators each have their own settlement policy.
Reimbursement of cruises
– For bookings made through our site, the refund of the 30% deposit will be fully refunded (excluding any bank charges and foreign exchange paid by the customer) if the cancellation occurs at Minimum 48 hours before the scheduled date of the cruise for romantic cruises. Cancellation of private getaways cruises must occur at least 1 week before the date of departure of the cruise. For cruises discovered several days ago, if the cancellation takes place at least 30 days before the departure of the cruise, the refund of the deposit of 30% will be 100% (excluding any bank charges and foreign exchange paid by the client), it will be 50% for cancellations between 29 and 15 days before the date of departure of the cruise, always excluding possible bank charges. For cancellations made in the last 14 days prior to departure, the deposit will not be refunded.
– For reservations by the online bookers “Get Your Guide” and “VIATOR”, please refer to the conditions of sale and cancellation of each of them.
– Tour Operators each have their own refund policy for cancellations.
– Regarding romantic cruises and getaways, they are feasible all year except during the week of the Feast of Waters (in November, the exact date being determined during the year, the wharves of Phnom Penh being totally closed).
– For cruises between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (temples of Angkor), they are feasible in full from mid July to early February (+/- 2 weeks depending on the rains and snowmelt in the Himalayas). During the months of April and May, the Tonle Sap is not navigable because of the lack of water and a very important proliferation of water hyacinths. In the remaining months, the Tonle Sap River remains navigable for the Sat Toung to Chhnok Tru, entrance to the lake. The end of the trip must be done by community speed boat of Chhong Kneas.
Warning: Due to the drought becoming severe this season (2019 – 2020) and the many dams under construction in China and Laos, the water levels are exceptionally low, impacting life enormously on the banks of the Tonle Sap, and also the water level forecasts.
How to dress ?
– For day cruises and guided tours, plan for a sunscreen – index 50 preferably (all year round), a hat, a cape of fine rain that can be bought on site (from April to October – especially September – October), a small sweater or fleece (from December to February), walking shoes (avoid flip flops, especially for the Oudong discovery cruise as well as the silk cruise).
– To visit the temples and religious sites (mainly Oudong discovery cruise), for both men and women, the shoulders should be covered, the skirts, dresses and pants should cover the knees. Otherwise, access to the sites may be denied. Visitors to Angkor Wat will even be denied the purchase of a pass and entrance if they do not follow this dress code.
What sunscreen and mosquitoes ?
– Mosquito repellents are not necessary on board for all short cruises, mosquitoes being almost absent on the rivers. For the other cruises, they are highly recommended for multi-day cruises (at anchorages at night near the banks of the river).
Health and Fitness
– The cruises around Phnom Penh and the discovery cruise of the Bassac do not require any particular physical fitness.
– Guided tours in the islands of silk and especially in Oudong require not to be carrier of respiratory diseases and especially coronary decompensated. In particular the discovery of Oudong requires climbing many steps that can be very stressful especially when it is very hot in April. Those who wish will be able to bypass the hills of the site of Oudong in tuk-tuk.
– Discovered cruises do not require special physical conditions, apart from sufficient mobility to board Community vessels.
The occupancy of each cabin is 2 passengers maximum. Please indicate when booking the type of occupancy of your cabin, single or double.
– A child under the age of 2 is allowed to sleep in his parents’ cabin for free (no baby bed available on board). Plan also the milk, diapers and all the necessary toiletries, these are not available either on board the Sat Toung or in the markets crossed.
– A child whose age is between 2 and 7 years old may be allowed to sleep in the cabin of his parents for a supplement corresponding to 20% of the price of the cabin occupied.
In the case of a family of 3 or 5 children whose age of at least one of them is between 2 and 7 years old, triple occupancy can be considered with a supplement corresponding to 20% of the price of the cabin occupied. However, it is better to have a parent in each of the cabins occupied by the children.
– Each cabin is equipped with safety fence on the windows to prevent falling into the water. These can however be dismantled. The company PhoceaMekong cruises can not be held responsible for any accident occurring in case of withdrawal of the protections.
– Children are for the duration of the cruise, during transfers and excursions under the responsibility of parents.
On request, we can arrange different types of outings, half day, full day, evening, meetings and professional events, cocktails and meals, with or without orchestra etc.
Celebrate your family events in an original and refined setting The Phocea can accommodate up to 25 people for a cocktail. It is equipped with a sound system outside, including the possibility of conducting business meetings and business meetings in a comfortable and exclusive.
The Sat Toung can accommodate up to 35 people for a cocktail, in a refined, comfortable and exclusive setting. It is also equipped with an external sound system and 4 cabins.
Cruises can be classified into 3 categories:
– Cruises to discover Phnom Penh by the river – Cocktail & Dinner cruises for romantic cruises.
– Guided tours to discover Udong, the Silk islands or the Bassac River for the escape cruises.
– Discover cruises for the multidays cruises on the Tonlé Sap or the Mékong rivers.
Event Organization for a company or association
We can organize to demand different kinds of outputs, half-day, full day, evening, meetings and business events, cocktails and dinner, with or without orchestra etc.
Celebrate your family events in an original and refined place.
The Marie Deauville can accommodate up to 25 people for a cocktail. It is also equipped with a sound system outside, especially with the ability to conduct business meetings and business appointments in a comfortable and exclusive setting.
Sat Toung can accommodate up to 35 people for a cocktail in a refined, comfortable and exclusive. It is also equipped with an external sound system and four inside cabins.
Please contact us for organizing events that will stand out and attract your guests.
The standard menu is available at the bottom of page “Authentic cruises”
A vegetarian menu is available on request. Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances (garlic, onions, etc …). We can prepare meals without peanut (harder gluten), but given our supply of fresh produce to the market, we can ensure that our products have not been in contact with these allergens.
French catering menu can also be prepared with known restaurant in Phnom Penh.
You should be at the entrance of the Titanic tourism port 10 minutes before departure of the cruise.
The on board manager Miss Nasy (Kh/En) will be there at the gate – entrance of the parking of the port. Her phone number is 077 303 266. The entrance of the port is on sisowath quay in front st 104 (it is near the night market, near the titanic restaurant, near the central post office). You might not find it do not hesitate to call Nasy.
When booking online, you will receive a confirmation email confirming these indications.
Lifejackets are available on board for all ages